Sunday, November 2, 2008

costumes

Yesterday we got a sudden invitation to a sort-of Halloween dinner. I thought we could sew something nice (and comfy) to wear, at least for the little boys.




My 3 year old insisted that he wanted to be a Recycle-Matti (like his little lego road-sweeper guy). Well, that was his choice and not much for me to argue... I took my old sweater (which was felted a bit in the washing machine earlier), shortened the sleeves, slimmed from the seams and added a fun recycle-logo to the back. Since i still had time, i made also that "elfish" cap.


For my smaller boy I got to make the decision and dragon he was! I made this hoodie measuring from his shirt an it turned out great. I've always thought that hoods are challenging, but this was perfect. (Sheer luck!) And good thing I have such a big stash of fabrics...


6 comments:

rosa p. said...

so funny!

manouche said...

Hi there. Sorry for my bad english: i'm french but live in Portugal. I saw you on Ravelry and i started my first sweet baby cap last night. I also really like your orange cardigan. Your blog is very nice, i like the "colors", the style. My blog is only in french so, if you don't understand it, it will be difficult for you. Anyway i will come back to visit you again. Bye, bye.
Oh! your little dragon is so cute.hi,hi,hi.

veera said...

Thank you, both rike and manouche!

(It's so nice to get comments, i'm so happy! And what comes to languages, i started this blog in english because i wanted to improve my skills - and i'm far from perfect...)

manouche said...

Good! like that we are both! have you got my blog when i post a comment? have a nice week end.

veera said...

No, sorry! I couldn't find your blog from your profile. But i would love to visit!

Oude lappen said...

wonderfull!!